Last updated August 2021
1. Doctor’s Best for Life Values Your Privacy
2. Data Collection
General Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect Visitor Information when you use our Site. Sometimes you may submit it to us yourself, other times it may be collected automatically. Our handling of your Visitor Information is generally limited to processing product orders, newsletter registration, addressing warranty-related issues, shipping products to consumers, and handling and resolving general inquiries. You are not required to provide DOCTOR’S BEST the personal data that we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or with a high quality of service or respond to any inquiries you may have.
Information Collected When You Use Our Site
Your Visitor Information may be collected, used, and shared. As detailed below, the type of Visitor Information collected may vary based on how it was gathered, but may include, among other things, your name, email address, address, and other information that you voluntarily submit (e.g., when you submit information via contact forms on the Site or sign to receive communications from us), information automatically collected about your usage of our Site that does not include personally identifiable information (e.g., the content that you choose to view and how you interact), and information about you that third parties may share with us if such third parties have previously received your consent to do so. In general, your personally identifiable Visitor Information means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device. It does not include (i) publicly available information from government records; (ii) de-identified or aggregate information; or (iii) certain other personal data protected by other sector-specific state or federal laws.
Moreover, we automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
DOCTOR’S BEST does not collect or process any data on the Site regarding the following: race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union memberships; genetic or biometric data; health or mortality; or sexual orientation.
We collect several categories of information from and about users of our Site, including:
- Identity and Contact Information – We collect or use this information, including your first name and last name, email address, shipping address, billing address, phone number, and if applicable, a recipient’s first and last name.
- Technical Data and Unique Device Identifiers – We collect IP addresses, operating system information, links clicked, pages visited, browser type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, and referring websites of visitors to our Site (when possible).
- Commercial Information – We collect records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Non-Identifying Information – We collect information that is about you but does not individually identify you, such as aggregate information about pages visited, length of time spent on our Site and its webpages, etc.
On our Site, we collect your Visitor Information through various means, including through:
- Purchase orders;
- Contacts forms, including but not limited to, registration forms, general inquiry forms, or when you email us directly;
- Social media plugins; and
- Web-tracking and website analytics technologies, such as cookies and web beacons.
DOCTOR’S BEST may collect Visitor Information that is voluntarily provided by you or with your permission. For example, we may ask you for information, such as your name and e-mail address, when you subscribe to our blog, when you participate in activities on the Site, or otherwise when you contact us. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. You always have the option not to provide the information we request. If you choose not to provide the information we request, you can still visit the Site, but you may be required to provide your information by other means if we need such information to provide our services to you.
Our Third-Party Vendors
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
Although DOCTOR’S BEST does not collect, store, or directly process any payment method or credit card information for payments made through the Site, we follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) when handling credit card data. DOCTOR’S BEST currently accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards as authorized payment methods for product orders. All payment transactions are processed by our third-party payment processor, PayPal, in adherence to PCI-DSS, and other applicable standards. DOCTOR’S BEST at its sole election may discontinue support for any payment method or it may support additional payment methods (ex. Apple Pay, Google Wallet or Amazon Payments).
Our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (invisible images often referred to as pixel tags or clear GIFs) on the Site in order to recognize users, assess traffic patterns, identify preferred content, and measure Site engagement. We may also include web beacons in our e-mail messages, including blog newsletters, in order to count how many e-mail messages have been opened, for example.
Some of these web beacons may also be placed by third-party service providers to help determine the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. These web beacons may be used by third-party service providers to place a persistent cookie on your computer. This allows the service provider to recognize your computer each time you visit certain web pages and compiles anonymous information in relation to those page views, which in turn enables us and our third-party service providers to learn which advertisements bring you to our website and how you use the Site.
Our servers log information about your IP address, your browser type, and the current URL you are requesting. This information is always provided by your browser and automatically logged. These log files are stored in a secure location and used in our internal analysis of traffic patterns.
Cookies and Similar Tools
Cookies fall into the subcategories below.
Essential Cookies. Certain cookies are used for specific purposes that are essential to your secure use and navigation of the Site. Without them, DOCTOR’S BEST may not be able to provide core Site functions and features to you, and the Site would not operate as well as you or DOCTOR’S BEST would like. These cookies collect and use information such as your server preferences, single-session data and corresponding identifier, web beacons and log files, and other credential-related information. Essential cookies also help inform DOCTOR’S BEST whether you require, or have already been served, an affirmative consent request in connection with our data policies. Essential cookies also include analytics cookies, which provide us data that allows DOCTOR’S BEST to better understand its users and improve the Site based on what we have learned from that data.
Preference Cookies. Other cookies are used to collect and process information about your preferences and similar choices in connection with the Site in order to optimize your browsing experience. Preference cookies include social media cookies, which collect information about your social media usage and other data you may have provided in connection with such usage (if you access the Site through a social media website or mobile application, you may have social media cookies). If you wish to modify or change your social media cookies, please visit the appropriate social media website and review the settings related to your applicable social media account(s).
3. Data Usage
Use of Your Information
We collect, process and disclose your Visitor Information only for specific and limited purposes. For example, to respond to inquiries received from the use of any contact forms on the Site, to assess and handle any complaints, to develop and improve our services, communication methods and the functionality of our Site.
Our primary goal in collecting, using, and sharing Visitor Information is to enhance your experience on the Site, support the Site, and improve its features, performance, and other elements. We will not use your Visitor Information without a valid legal basis to do so, and we will only process your Visitor Information in a way that is compatible with and relevant to the purpose for which it was collected and authorized.
Your Visitor Information may be used for the purposes outlined below.
To Facilitate and Improve Our Services
To ensure that your orders end up in the right place and to provide customer support when needed, we collect or use the following information, including your first and last name, email address, shipping address, billing address, phone number, and if applicable, a recipient’s first and last name. Moreover, we collect records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies for statistical purposes and to enable us to market more effectively to you. Additionally, your Visitor Information may be used to present the Site and its consent to you, request feedback, evaluate or conduct a sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, and for any other purpose with your consent.
To Provide Communications to You
From time to time, we may provide e-mails highlighting new features, promotions, or content on the Site to those users who have expressly provided us with their permission to send such communications. For instance, we may communicate with you by email in response to your inquiries or send you service-related announcements based on Visitor Information you provide to us. We may also use your Visitor Information to send you updates and other promotional communications with your consent. If you no longer wish to receive those email updates, you may opt-out at any time of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication (usually in the form of an “unsubscribe” link), or email us at Note that unsubscribing from our emails will not prevent you from receiving transactional emails relating to orders, warranties, support, or service requests.
As Necessary to Provide Information or Services
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing of information submitted on any contact form on the Site, the delivery of any mailings or correspondence, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. We provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service. In some instances, these companies may collect information directly from you and you will be notified of the involvement of the external service provider. Such companies are subject to agreements that require them to maintain the confidentiality of your information and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. We reserve the right to not track how you interact with any of the provided services.
Sharing of Information
You may be requested to voluntarily provide certain Visitor Information during your use of our Site. If you choose to do so, that Visitor Information may be shared with DOCTOR’S BEST and its affiliates as well as business partners and vendors providing hosting and other web-based services for DOCTOR’S BEST.
DOCTOR’S BEST may use third parties to provide e-mail messaging, text messaging, account management and hosting services for the Site. When you sign up for services, we will share your Visitor Information as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your Visitor Information for any other purpose. If you do not want your information to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer of your information by not using that particular service.
In the Event of Change in Ownership or Control
As Required By Law
DOCTOR’S BEST may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law, investigate fraud or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on DOCTOR’S BEST, or to protect and defend the rights or property of DOCTOR’S BEST.
DOCTOR’S BEST will not process your Visitor Information without a lawful basis to do so. In general, DOCTOR’S BEST will process your Visitor Information on any of the following legal bases:
- Consent – We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests – We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract – Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations – We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests – We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers – We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
When we collect and use your personal data for the purposes mentioned above or for other purposes, we will inform you before or at the time of collection. Where appropriate, we will ask for your consent to process your Visitor Information. Where you have given consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
4. Data Protection
How We Protect Your Information
DOCTOR’S BEST takes the security of your Visitor Information very seriously. We take every effort to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Our measures include implementing appropriate access controls, investing in the latest information security capabilities to protect the IT environments we leverage, and ensuring we encrypt and anonymize personal data wherever possible. Access to your Visitor Information is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations when processed by third parties.
Your information may be stored on servers owned and operated by DOCTOR’S BEST and its affiliates or by cloud/software service providers (“SaaS Services”) and located in the United States. Our SaaS Services are committed to using industry-standard physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect individuals’ privacy and to employing security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Visitor Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When entering Visitor Information on the Site, look for the secure icon (typically an image of a lock) and ‘https’ designation in the address box of your browser window that indicates you are on a secure page.
However, it must be noted that “perfect security” does not exist today. If you are concerned that your privacy may have been breached, please contact us.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Any transmission of personal information by you is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Site.
5. Data Retention
How Long We Keep Your Information
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6. Privacy Rights and Considerations
You should review the privacy policies of any third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties. Please contact each third-party provider directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies or the information they require for you to complete any transaction.
Children’s Online Privacy Information
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (“COPPA”) NOTIFICATION
Our Site is not designed for persons under the age of sixteen (“16”). We are not responsible for any access or use of the Site by children or minors under the age of 16. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on our Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on our Site or through any of their features, register on our Site, make any purchases through our Site, use any of the interactive features of our Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us as outlined below.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under eighteen (“18”) years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of this Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us.
General Data Protection Regulation
If you are a resident of the EU, you have specific rights concerning your Visitor Information. In some instances, DOCTOR’S BEST may require explicit consent from you to process certain user information. In such instances, you will receive a direct request from DOCTOR’S BEST for your permission to collect and/or process your user information and you will be required to provide affirmative consent. In any event, DOCTOR’S BEST will clearly explain what user information is being collected and/or processed and how it will be used. DOCTOR’S BEST only collects a minimum amount of user information necessary to perform its services. Explicit consent may always be retracted at any time by a data subject covered under GDPR.
If you are a resident of the European Union, under GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to Access and Rectification – You have the right to access, correct, or update your personal data at any time.
- Right to Data Portability – The personal data you have provided us with is portable. This means you have a right to request that your Visitor Information be moved, copied, or transmitted electronically under certain circumstances.
- Right to be Forgotten – Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete your data. If you wish to delete the Visitor Information we hold about you, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements. If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy, or permanently de-identify it.
- Right to Restrict Processing – Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to Object – Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e., receiving emails from us notifying you or being contacted with varying potential opportunities).
- Right to Lodge a Complaint – You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with any local Supervisory Authority about how we process your personal information.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data (i.e., we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although, if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your Visitor Information with your consent up to that point is unlawful). You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us using the information provided below.
- Rights Related to Automated Decision–Making – You have the right not to be subject to a decision that is based solely on automated processing and which produces legal or other significant effects on you. In particular, you have the right to (1) obtain human intervention; (2) express your point of view; (3) obtain an explanation of the decision reached after an assessment; and (4) challenge such a decision.
Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection Regulator in your Country. If you would like to exercise your rights under the GDPR, you may contact DOCTOR’S BEST as outlined below under the section for “Contacting Data Controller.”
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en#member-pl.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Residents of California
If you are a resident of California, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have the right to:
- Request DOCTOR’S BEST disclose the categories and specific information that it has collected about you;
- Request DOCTOR’S BEST delete any personal information about you that it has collected;
- Request DOCTOR’S BEST not to share your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”);
- Request DOCTOR’S BEST correct any inaccurate personal information it maintains about you; and
- Request DOCTOR’S BEST to restrict its use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information.
If you would like to exercise your rights under the CCPA, you may contact DOCTOR’S BEST as outlined further below. DOCTOR’S BEST may not discriminate against you if you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA.
Residents of Canada
If you are a resident of Canada, under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), you have the right to:
- Request DOCTOR’S BEST provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you;
- Request DOCTOR’S BEST correct any inaccurate or outdated personal information we hold about you;
- Request DOCTOR’S BEST delete any inaccurate personal information we hold about you; and
- Request DOCTOR’S BEST withdraw your consent to any activities for which you have previously consented.
When we collect information from you, you may inform us if you do not wish to be contacted for marketing/market research purposes in accordance with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation. If you do not want to receive promotional information from us or our representatives, please use the unsubscribe option in your user account or the email you received, or email us at [email protected] to update your personal contact preferences.
If you would like to exercise your rights under the PIPEDA, you may contact DOCTOR’S BEST as outlined below.
7. Revisions and Updates
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary to reflect customer feedback, changes in our services, and changes in the law. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible.
Contacting Data Controller
DOCTOR’S BEST FOR LIFE, LLC
2620 W. Market St.
Akron, OH 44313
Attention: PRIVACY OFFICER
By Email: [email protected]
DOCTOR’S BEST will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond and resolve any problem or question. © Copyright 2021, DOCTOR’S BEST FOR LIFE, LLC. All Rights Reserved.